This is our website for general information. Some parts are still under construction, but regular updates will be happening, so please feel free to visit again. For online sales an Ace Glass & Mirrors ecommerce site will be live as soon as possible.
The shop is currently open weekdays from 9am to 3pm, or by appointment before 9am / after 3pm - If needed just contact us a couple of days or more before to arrange. Note if visiting maximum capacity of shop is 4, and please consider wearing a mask. We also advise to contact us with any enquiries you have before visiting.
Shop Open Weekdays 9am to 3pm
Or Earlier / Later By Appointment
Need a non-stock item?
Orders can still be placed by phone or email for collection when ready.
Call 01202 383250 weekdays 9am - 3pm
Or Text 07917 575503
Or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an independent glass and
mirror merchant specialising in
processed flat glass products for the
home or business. With a mirror
shop based in Parkstone, Poole,
Dorset which sells many different
types of glazing/glass and mirrors
including shelves, table-tops,
splash-backs, wall mirrors, plain
mirrors, bevelled mirrors, decorative
mirrors and more for any home on a
supply only basis.
Items we supply from our shop include:
* Glass cut to size for Picture Frames - we can supply cost effective 2mm clear or diffused low-reflective for your own frames, and can get 2mm UV Conservation glass which protects pictures from fading. We can also arrange fitting into most frames if needed and have standard size photo clip frames etc. in our shop.
* Glass cut to size for other frames - including cabinets, furniture, windows, doors and greenhouses etc. with many options to choose from, see our glass page for types we do.
* Processed Wall Mirrors with Smoothed, Polished or Bevelled Edges - made to size or from stock sizes available in our shop.
* Decorative Leaded Design Mirrors & some limited Framed Mirrors - made to size, set sizes or from stock available in our shop.
* Made to size Glass Units & Aluminium Internal Secondary Glazing - that is easy to fit glazing inside any window to add better insulation without having to replace the window in your home.
* Made to size Coloured Glass Splash-Backs & Upstands - including standard white, grey, black made to size, or from the RAL and British Standard colour range.
* Decorative Colour Leaded Design Glass - bespoke to limitless designs.
* Decorative Sandblasted Design Glass - made to order.
* Sealants & Adhesives for Glass & Mirrors - including professional mirror adhesive.
* Fixings and Accessories for Glass & Mirrors - including sliding mirror wall clips and wall plates.
* Stock Polished, Bevelled & Decorative Mirrors in Shop - see mirror page for sizes.
* Processed Glass Shelves - with some stock in shop or made to order.
* Processed Glass Table-tops - all made to order.
* Glass & Mirror Inspired Gifts - from stock in shop.
* Plus much more.
If you have an enquiry please feel free to contact us via phone, text or email. Please note we supply only glass and mirror for the home, and do not carry out measuring or fitting/installations at properties.
You can call 01202 383250 when shop is open,
Or send a text to 07917 575503
Or email email@example.com
Sample Pictures of Blue & Green Corner Decorative Leaded Mirrors
News & Updates
89 Alder Road
Open Weekday 9am to 3pm
Or Earlier/Later By Appointment.
Tel - 01202 383250
Fax - 01202 383251
Text Mobile - 07917 575503
Note; if calling shop phone it may not be possible to always answer if on another call, handling glass, or dealing with collections etc. If this happens please leave a message with your number so we can call back, thank you.
Current Lead Times
If you're not looking to buy a shop stock item then it will take time to produce bespoke orders. Production lead times have remained much the same throughout the last part of 2020. However due to a current glass shortage and high demand in 2021 and shortage of HGV drivers that can also handle glass there are some slight delays getting certain glass types and components in to produce.
Single standard Float glass and mirrors that are as cut (with sharp/rough/chipped edges) for frames can usually be produced within 1-2 working days subject to size, stock and cutter present. If edge-work is required it takes longer to produce; to have sharp edges smoothed usually adds around 4-5 extra work days, or polished edges 6-7 extra working days.
For single Toughened safety glass as cut to size can usually be produced in around 7-8 work days or with polished edges in around 9 work days.
Extra processing like decorative bevelled chamfered edges, or colour backed coating for splash-backs, or sand-blasted and colour leaded designs etc. adds more time depending on specific requirements.
Producing shaped glass is a longer process compared to rectangles and, for straight edge shapes to drawings may only add a day or 2, however more complex shapes to templates can add 2 1/2 weeks or more.
Double-Glazed sealed units are currently taking a lot longer due to consistant high demand, with an average of 4-5 weeks.
Only limited glass can be cut whilst waiting if the cutter is present, depending on the circumstance at time of arrival. For example 1 off small panes for picture frames or mirror frames can sometimes be cut whilst waiting subject to stock. If unsure please contact us before visiting.
The above is only a general guide. It really depends on the type, size, thickness of glass or mirror required and if any processing work or shaping needs to be done to the actual time it will take. We always work to produce orders as quickly as possible, without affecting standards or safety. If you are looking to have something specific made then please feel free to contact us.
Processed Glass & Mirrors Made to Order
VAT Number 884 2188 93
Copyright © Ace Glass & Mirrors Ltd 2006-2021